[SOLVED] Opinion on two monitors

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
msi mag271cqr or dell 27 s2719dgf
Between these two which one would be the better choice? Msi is at 450 euros while dell is 100 euros less at 350 which one is the best value

Solution
I see thnx for helping will the msi have good response time though? Like gtg and tha tstuff thats the only think im kinda hesitent about

Yeah that is hard to tell- both simply state "1ms" for response time which doesn't tell you anything. Purely for response times the TN panel on the Dell monitor is probably the better option. I tend to look more for visual accuracy and colour reproduction over raw speed in a display although I can't say I play any fast competitive games these days.

TechPowerUp (Hardware Unboxed on YouTube) do some excellent monitor reviews. I can't find that specific MSI screen unfortunately but they might have another model from the same range- they do some pretty in depth testing on response times and so on.
msi mag271cqr or dell 27 s2719dgf
Between these two which one would be the better choice? Msi is at 450 euros while dell is 100 euros less at 350 which one is the best value

Reading through the specs for both screens, the MSI screen sounds like the better display. The only advantage I can see for the Dell is that it offers a slightly higher max refresh rate (155 hz vs 144) and that it's cheaper. The issue is though that the Dell is using a pretty standard TN panel and doesn't look like it has very good colour reproduction compared to the MSI unit. I think if you are investing that kind of money in a screen I would pay the extra for the MSI

Reactions: kostask5

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Reading through the specs for both screens, the MSI screen sounds like the better display. The only advantage I can see for the Dell is that it offers a slightly higher max refresh rate (155 hz vs 144) and that it's cheaper. The issue is though that the Dell is using a pretty standard TN panel and doesn't look like it has very good colour reproduction compared to the MSI unit. I think if you are investing that kind of money in a screen I would pay the extra for the MSI
I see thnx for helping will the msi have good response time though? Like gtg and tha tstuff thats the only think im kinda hesitent about

Yeah that is hard to tell- both simply state "1ms" for response time which doesn't tell you anything. Purely for response times the TN panel on the Dell monitor is probably the better option. I tend to look more for visual accuracy and colour reproduction over raw speed in a display although I can't say I play any fast competitive games these days.

TechPowerUp (Hardware Unboxed on YouTube) do some excellent monitor reviews. I can't find that specific MSI screen unfortunately but they might have another model from the same range- they do some pretty in depth testing on response times and so on.

Reactions: kostask5
Solution

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014

Ill check him out do u have any other suggestion for a monitor ips or va or tn that would be a better option in ur opinion? At around the price point of the msi or i should go with it?