[SOLVED] Opinion on which way to set up fans in Phanteks P400.

MetalMatty

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Alright, so my computer is down for repair/upgrade time.

It's a Phanteks P400 case with that terrible front panel that I may end up modding at some point, BUT FOR NOW:

Currently, it's set up to have 3 140mm fans on the front as an intake, and one 140mm fan on the rear for exhaust. I will be using a CM Hyper T2 cooler, and plan on setting it up to push air through the fins, towards the exhaust.

So, my question is which, if any of these ways might be more effective. Just trying to get an idea before I toss it all together tomorrow.

Current: 3 intake, one rear exhaust, CPU Cooler set to push air from intake towards exhaust through the fins.
Idea 1: 2 intake, two exhaust (one on rear, one on top-rear), CPU Cooler set to push air from intake towards exhaust through the fins.
Idea 2: 3 intake, two exhaust (one on rear, one on top-rear), CPU Cooler set to push air from intake towards exhaust through the fins.
Idea 3: 2 intake, one rear exhaust, CPU Cooler set to push air from intake towards exhaust through the fins.
Idea 4: 3 intake, one rear exhaust, CPU Cooler set horizontally to push air from the bottom of the case, towards the top vent, through the fins.
Or idea 5, which is unlikely to happen just because I don't really have the means to do it...
3 intake, one exhaust. BUT, cut a long-dust filter size rectangle in the front panel and put the filter on said hole.

These ideas are not set in stone, they're just what I could think of being possibilities based on the case set up. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Air-flow is that one part of PC building that is still a little foggy for me (well, and water cooling and I'm not even trying that, lol).

I had it set up on its last build for 3 120mm intake, and 1 120mm exhaust, but honestly that build was pretty weak and I never bothered to do any sort of actual temp monitoring. I just know that after 5+ hours of gaming in a warm room, games ran shitty until I let her cool down. Wasn't enough of an issue for me to care.

I don't intend to OC the CPU, and if I do, it'll be very very mild. The GPU will be OC'd, but it's a Zotac and doesn't have crazy OC potential anyway, lol.

No matter what I plan on slapping filters on my intake fans, because I have two puppies and a muddy yard and it does not take long before dust accumulates, lol. I know that putting filters on the intake fans lowers their air flow a little, but if I have three of the buggers it shouldn't be enough of an issue to cause any sort of negative pressure scenario.