Question [OPINION] Which laptop has the better bang for the buck?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what you're using it for.
After taking a look at the specs, I wouldn't recommend either for anything more than light tasks, like browsing/excel/school, etc.
The 1st one is the better setup though. Stronger cpu and igpu, but not by much.
The cpus inside are spec'd for low power/energy saver use, thus won't handle heavy tasks well at all.

ChaoticRising

Reputable
Apr 9, 2016
Depends on what you're using it for.
After taking a look at the specs, I wouldn't recommend either for anything more than light tasks, like browsing/excel/school, etc.
The 1st one is the better setup though. Stronger cpu and igpu, but not by much.
The cpus inside are spec'd for low power/energy saver use, thus won't handle heavy tasks well at all.

Apologies, this is for casual school work and browsing. Videos are also a big factor. No gaming at all however, I have a PC for that.

Apr 5, 2019
In that case chose which ever one is more aesthetically pleasing to you or choose if you want features like touch screen. Almost any laptop nowadays can do video so I don't think the gpu matters as much. Stick to amd, look for fastest ram and ssd, and in the end choose based on, looks. If you like how the acer looks, then yes absolutely go with that other wise I would consider looking at laptops not solely based on hardware.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
In that case chose which ever one is more aesthetically pleasing to you or choose if you want features like touch screen. Almost any laptop nowadays can do video so I don't think the gpu matters as much. Stick to amd, look for fastest ram and ssd, and in the end choose based on, looks. If you like how the acer looks, then yes absolutely go with that other wise I would consider looking at laptops not solely based on hardware.
I tried checking the manufacturers' pages for the specs on the ram speed, but didn't find anything.
I'm willing to bet both of those laptops are equipped with slow 2133-2400mhz ram(kept the price down), which doesn't help Ryzen cpus at all.

Apr 5, 2019
I tried checking the manufacturers' pages for the specs on the ram speed, but didn't find anything.
I'm willing to bet both of those laptops are equipped with slow 2133-2400mhz ram(kept the price down), which doesn't help Ryzen cpus at all.
2400 is decent for laptop ram that is the speed of the one that I linked. I think for what he needs I think it should be more form over function.

TRENDING THREADS