Question Opinions? 1 month old computer, random program freezes/no network connection

Sep 12, 2019
Hi I'm new to Tom's forum

I bought a pre-built PC about a month ago and basically from the day it was bought I'm experiencing random freezing coupled with no internet connection. Mouse/keyboard works but programs do not, clicking reset does not work resulting in me having to use the hard reset button. This occurs anywhere between 1-3 times a day (though not every day) and seems to be worse when playing gpu intensive games that use cloud storage.

I have gone through these steps: https://windowsreport.com/random-freeze-windows-10/ none of which have helped, have viewed similar threads on here which haven't helped and I'm running out of things I can do to fix this. I have read on some forums it is a problem with windows 10, some say it is my SSD, some say it is One Drive, some say power supply e.t.c.

My specs are:

Asus Prime B450m-A MB
AMD Ryzen 5 3400g
Corsair 1064mhz 8gb ram x1
MSI RX580 Armor OC 8GB Graphics Card
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" Desktop Hard Drive
Toshiba X5 256GB M.2 NVME Solid State Drive (windows 10 home installed)
Coolermaster mwe500

Side notes:
I have Vega on board graphics disabled
I have disabled fast boot
I have installed a new copy of windows 10
I have updated my drivers including Realtek LAN drivers.
I have turned off all power saving options.

ANY help would be appreciated, if you need any more info please ask, thanks.

Sep 12, 2019
update the bios?
1 stick ram?
test without the rx 580?

Thanks for the reply. Yeh I updated the bios, yes only one stick of ram however I ordered 2x Kingston 3200mhz 8gb ram which should be arriving shortly and will see if that makes any difference. If by "test without rx580" you mean disable it and use onboard graphics I have tried that. The problem started from the first day I had it before I even started using the rx580. :(