Question Opinions about OC-ing laptop CPU

BarisTheBlade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
hi guys here's the laptop of mine:

unknown.png

(i ordered already an SSD and 2x8 gb rams for it)

What do you think oc ing the CPU to 3 Ghz would make more harm than help or it would increase the performance?

OC-ing a laptop is thankless job. They are made with power usage in mind and with such constrained space and small parts. very difficult to cool. In other words. lousy to OC and would make you regret it very soon. Just stick to turbo frequency and even that will work better with extra cooling and plugged in. That's when you get best performance.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Laptop bios is usually very limited to what you can adjust. Can always invest in a cooling pad to force more air through the laptop to improve cooling as is.

Have you installed the ssd and ram yet? If you're looking for more performance, those upgrades will give it. What speed was the original hdd, 5400rpm?

If want to try squeeze more performance from cpu after the upgrades give Winaero a try. Winaero gives you the ability to temporarily disable unnecessary processes freeing up system resources which'll help improve cpu performance in your applications.

BarisTheBlade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
Nah, im really satisfied with the perfomance, and yes i installed more ram and ssd. games running very soft. I ordered a cooler pad. ( a chinese copy of the topmate tm3 since i cant buy that stuff in my country and the chinese version was on sale for basically almost free and the specs are the same not only the appearance copied). Ill just use it like this. Also im not using the laptop much only when im at work or not home. I have a destkop pc too.