Opinions and Queries about a Laptop i'm gonna buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan.vaddiparty

Honorable
Sep 8, 2017
Hello, So I am usually a PC guy but I wanted a Laptop for portability and have some queries related to it.
Firstly, My Laptop usage is usually, Checking my website, Preparing Quotations, Basic Microsoft Office work, ( We are Electronic Manufacturers ) and CS:GO. Only CS:GO. Nothing else.

I have two laptops in mind and need your opinion on it. Please mind that these laptops are from Dell company but manufactured in a customizable way and not available in the market in a large scale. That's no concern but needs to be told.

Laptop 1:

Dell E5440,
i5 4th Generation Processor
8GB RAM
Hard Disk 500gb
Screen Size 14"
Windows 7 Operating System.

Laptop 2:

Dell 5440
i5 4th Generation Processor
4GB RAM
Hard disk 500gb
Screen Size 14"
Windows 7 Operating System.

The price difference between these two laptops is 1.5K INR which is around 20$. Extra 20$ includes an extra 4GB RAM making it 8GB like the first one.

When I asked about the Graphic Card, They said it contains "Inbuilt Graphics". If I'm not wrong that is what Intel Intergrated Graphics means.

My question is:
1) How much MB is the graphic card in i5 4th Generation Processor.
2) Should I opt for Windows 7 or Windows 10 Operating System.
3) Can I install external graphic card if needed.
4) Will this Graphics be enough to run low end games.

PS: I'm not a Gamer, Don't have much knowledge. So yeah. Help me out.

Solution
This is usually user adjustable in the BIOS but I would suspect it maxes out at 256 or 512MB (which is more than needed for built in)
Your choice really
No
Depends on the processor and the version of HD graphics, older games shouldn't be much of a problem on low and possibly medium settings (depending on the game), though don't expect to run GTA V.

From what I can find these use the U series chips (ultra low voltage) so dont expect much in terms of CPU and iGPU performance.

If you can get the model of the...
This is usually user adjustable in the BIOS but I would suspect it maxes out at 256 or 512MB (which is more than needed for built in)
Your choice really
No
Depends on the processor and the version of HD graphics, older games shouldn't be much of a problem on low and possibly medium settings (depending on the game), though don't expect to run GTA V.

From what I can find these use the U series chips (ultra low voltage) so dont expect much in terms of CPU and iGPU performance.

If you can get the model of the CPU search around CS:GO with the CPU or iGPU model # so you can see what performance will be like,

Solution

1shado1

Distinguished
Can't even find a Dell 5440. Doing a search defaults to E5440. I'm betting they are the same exact laptop, one just happens to have 4GB more RAM. Unless you have links to the 2 different laptops.

As for the OS, I'd go with Windows 10. Microsoft support for Windows 7 has or will be dropped soon, won't it?

W7 patching support drops in 2020, or if you have a 7th Gen CPU or Ryzen you can't patch already.

1shado1

Distinguished

Thanks for the clarification. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.