Opinions on Ati Radeon 64 Mb DDR VIVO needed

G

I'm thinking of buying the above card, because my TNT2 is slow. I like the video-in and mpeg 2 compression of the card, so I selected it instead of a Geforce 2.

What's your opinion? I've got a Celeron 667@720 is it enough for the Radeon? I've read that the Geforce is better in lower resolutions at 16 bit depth. Does it matter that I can only use a resolution max 1152x864 (1024x768 mostly)?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by samijarvinen on 04/21/01 08:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I absolutely love this card and will be using it for awhile. The <b>Video In</b> is very impressive since it uses adaptive de-interlacing. You will see text on the screen crystal clear from TV but that is just the start of the enhancements. You have to see it to understand what I am talking about. I don't do much recording in <b>Video In</b> due to my rather small hard drive. Your Celeron 720 is more than sufficient. If you had something less than 500mhz I would recommend the GF2 instead. DVD quality is the best. Remember the T&L engine of the Radeon will help your Celeron out tremendously especially in the newer games that are going to be release as in the soon to be block buster <b><font color=purple>Max Payne</b></font color=purple>. Should be able to use your setup for virtually any game for the next 12months.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 04/21/01 02:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>