Discussion Opinions on case choice

Jun 14, 2020
Hi everyone

I'm just after everyone's opinions please. I am looking to buy my next case and I'm currently torn between three. I am really into my RGB at the moment, so it's not as straightforward as buying a random gaming case I guess.

My favourite three are;

NZXT H510i
Antec NX600
Thermaltake H200

My current build is housed within an NZXT S340 Elite, so I already have 2 x ARGB fans. So if I buy the NZXT H510i I already have 2 ARGB fans, and another RGB strip I can just plug in. The Antec and Thermaltake are slightly cheaper, but then I will have to buy some decent ARGB fans, especially with the Antec as the ones supplied don't look the best. They all sit around the £100 ish budget given that I will buy fans with the latter. I am not the biggest fan with CAM software, and have had a few issues with it but I must admit, although it's old now the S340 has been great for me and my build looks amazing behind the tempered glass. I have absolutely no experience with Antec or Thermaltake so I've been watching mixed reviews on Youtube.

I know from my experience with my current NZXT that build quality is pretty good, it feels solid, so I would only assume that it's the same with the H510i. I'm not bothered about fan noise as I currently have a fairly loud NZXT water cooler, so I'm used to the drone of fans.

What's your thoughts guys, anything is appreciated :)

So for the lighting, the NZXT H500i is the same case as the NZXT 500H, minus the lighting hub. So don't get that if you don't intend to use the NZXT Hue. As you know the 500 series is almost the same as the older S340.

Here's the problem with trying to control all your RGB through a single software program...it doesn't exist yet. The closest thing is Corsair's iCUE but only works with Asus and Gigabyte to a limited degree. The iCUE can drive 4 pin 12V RGB headers but does not control the aRGB motherboard headers.

Hope this helps. Just learned all of this after I purchased a NZXT 500H, will be delivered this Thursday. Was a steal for $67.

Jun 14, 2020
So for the lighting, the NZXT H500i is the same case as the NZXT 500H, minus the lighting hub. So don't get that if you don't intend to use the NZXT Hue. As you know the 500 series is almost the same as the older S340.

Here's the problem with trying to control all your RGB through a single software program...it doesn't exist yet. The closest thing is Corsair's iCUE but only works with Asus and Gigabyte to a limited degree. The iCUE can drive 4 pin 12V RGB headers but does not control the aRGB motherboard headers.

Hope this helps. Just learned all of this after I purchased a NZXT 500H, will be delivered this Thursday. Was a steal for $67.

Thank you for the reply.

The H500i is the same price for me, but in gbp. What are the thermals like? I have an asus tuf rgb board so can sync it with that if the built in software is compatible.

I've loved NZXT for its quality and look. The s340 in my opinion only had one less quality bit, and that was the mesh, I dont like them. The hue is annoying being a separate bit of kit, but with the h500i & h510i they are built in as you say which is a huge plus.

I've read the Antec suffer a bit in terms of quality, but that's my issue, I've got no means to check all cases so thought here would be my best bet.

If only the NZXT has the swinging glass door like Thermaltake, then it could be an easier pick!

The NZXT software isn't compatible with any other RGB software or vendors as far as I know.

What motherboard, is it a B450 or x570?

Only Corsair iCUE software works with Asus Aura and it has some limitations. The NZXT HUE+ and CAM does not work with any other RGB software, you can't sync Asus Aura with NZXT HUE+/CAM.

Jun 14, 2020
No you're right, I'm not sure why I thought it was compatible. Apparently, reading on the internet that Aerocool cases have asus aura sync? But I've heard pretty bad reviews which is a shame because they're priced very competitively and the Tor Pro looks great in my opinion.

I've had issues with CAM from day one. It never recognizes my software and NZXT dont have the most helpful customer services... but that's a minor downfall for me, not a deal breaker.