Question Opinions on Conan Exiles?

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Looking at the description on Steam it looks a bit like Skyrim. That was my favorite game of all time. In fact I saw a picture of a mammoth and it looked exactly like the ones in Skyrim. The description says it has building, crafting, dungeons, base attacks and so on. That is my favorite type of game. Is it worth playing? How are the graphics?

I would say its almost entirely unrelated to Skyrim.
Its more akin to a game like rust or ARK, where its a bunch of people collecting resources to build bases/weapons to either A) Defend themselves, or B) Come take all your hard work.
These types of games are not really the relaxing/story driven type like skyrim. They are strictly competitive.

You can gather some friends and make a private server and all play together, but youll quickly realize there isnt much to do once you remove the PVP, as you progress very quickly when you arent getting reset every few hours by other players.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I played Ark and Subnautica solo and liked them both. I don't play multi player ever. I've read solo is a huge grind but then again I have 900 hrs into Skyrim and if I remember right, about 350 hrs into Ark. Anybody have feedback on playing solo?

I played it solo, on the solo setting so no enemy players messing with the things you build.
I played it two times through consecutively ~150hours.
It has nothing in common with skyrim which I love but it's still a good game.
But a lot of people don't like it at all so YMMW.