[SOLVED] Opinions On Coolers for Overclocking Ryzen 5 3600.

Seth Dreger

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
Hey guys, I'm just looking for everyone's opinion on a good cooler for overclocking a Ryzen 5 3600? And what your experiences have been with overclocking this CPU. Thanks! (AIO of course)

Solution
Stock vs OC with 3200 mhz RAM "Average FPS gain combined 9-15 FPS"

Stock vs OC with 2666mhz RAM "Average FPS gain 4-8 FPS"

I'm assuming your running 1080p? Moving beyond that moves more work to the GPU and you would see less from the OC and the RAM speed difference.

Here is something to consider if you opt for an AIO.

If you are installing the AIO on the front or rear of the case try to keep the hoses on the bottom, AIO's have a little air in them to allow for thermal expansion and with the hoses on the top your cycling that air and working against gravity.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
No one I have built for has spring for the X570 boards, they have all been budget centered with either stock coolers or AIO's under $100. Most all the X370 and B450 boards would hit 4.2-4.3ghz @ 1.4V with RAM @ 3600 but only the AIO's would keep them from thermal throttling when you started to push the load.

Is it worth it? That depends on what you're doing and your GPU, It's hardly worth the effort if you're running a lower-end GPU and your CPU is sitting half idle most the time.

Seth Dreger

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
No one I have built for has spring for the X570 boards, they have all been budget centered with either stock coolers or AIO's under $100. Most all the X370 and B450 boards would hit 4.2-4.3ghz @ 1.4V with RAM @ 3600 but only the AIO's would keep them from thermal throttling when you started to push the load.

Is it worth it? That depends on what you're doing and your GPU, It's hardly worth the effort if you're running a lower-end GPU and your CPU is sitting half idle most the time.
[/QUOTE]

My Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600

GTX 1660ti

16Gb DDR4 2666

600W EVGA

I mainly game on my computer, and I’m looking to overclock. Right now I’m running a wraith spire, but I’m looking for an AIO that’ll be good for over clocking my 3600. I have a few I know will be fine, but I’m just wanting to know others opinions.[/QUOTE]

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Stock vs OC with 3200 mhz RAM "Average FPS gain combined 9-15 FPS"

Stock vs OC with 2666mhz RAM "Average FPS gain 4-8 FPS"

I'm assuming your running 1080p? Moving beyond that moves more work to the GPU and you would see less from the OC and the RAM speed difference.

Here is something to consider if you opt for an AIO.

If you are installing the AIO on the front or rear of the case try to keep the hoses on the bottom, AIO's have a little air in them to allow for thermal expansion and with the hoses on the top your cycling that air and working against gravity.

Solution