Question Opinions on Geforce GTX 1660 ti cards needed

divadoll

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
I am pretty much settled on a GTX 1660ti card (unless someone wants to talk me into an RTX 2060 or 2070. The 2060 is very close in price). I know the 1660 ti doesn't have some of the features the RTX cards have but the benchmarking seems good. I am not playing the very top games at high settings and use it also for photoshop and art programs.

After looking at the cards, I have had EVGA before and there customer service is great. But their card comes in two configurations - a one fan card and a two fan card. The MSI card and Gigabyte both have two cards and seem to use less watts. So now I am all confused as to which one to get. All opinions appreciated as I don't know which way to go.

Another question - I think I am settled on the I7 8700K. Is there any reason I should get the 9700K? Overkill or future proofing?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sadlah

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
If you want future proof, go with the RTX 2060, RTX technology isn't fully available yet but it definitely will be the future for games. I'd pay the extra $20 and get the 9700k as well just for the sole reason that's it's more new and it's an 8 core

Reactions: divadoll