[SOLVED] Opinions on Gigabyte PSUs ?

Solution
Hello everyone

I have been wondering about the Gigabyte PSUs, are they rebranded?

Are they any good?

Is there anyone amongst you who has firsthand experience with these units?
Yes, they are rebrands. The only model that I'd consider worthy of recommending is their Aorus power supply (APGM) which is made by a company called Shenzhen Metrotec Electronic Co. (MEIC) IIRC. Probably best to avoid them altogether and stick with Seasonic or Super Flower. Companies rebranding these two manufacturers are usually good too, like Antec EA pro models or Phanteks AMP series. Luckily Super Flower is available in North American markets now as EVGA sinks into an abyss of mediocrity. Corsair models are really good from CX on up so can't leave...
Gigabyte has almost everything these days from SSD, Ram to PSU.... of course it's rebranded (but i don't know what brand are they rebranding, perhaps some china manufacturer and they just put a bit of audits and a bit demand for quality component's).

Two things i'm sure they are making themselves Motherboards and Graphics Cards... and i would avoid both! (especially the graphic cards).
Please just buy something with similar price but to be Antec, Seasonic... but even they have some mismatched products so... maybe tell us what is the budget, for what kind of a computer will be and from where to be searching.

Gigabyte has almost everything these days from SSD, Ram to PSU.... of course it's rebranded (but i don't know what brand are they rebranding, perhaps some china manufacturer and they just put a bit of audits and a bit demand for quality component's).

Two things i'm sure they are making themselves Motherboards and Graphics Cards... and i would avoid both! (especially the graphic cards).
Please just buy something with similar price but to be Antec, Seasonic... but even they have some mismatched products so... maybe tell us what is the budget, for what kind of a computer will be and from where to be searching.

Hi, and thanks for the answer, i'm not building anything, i just came across a gigabyte psu in the wild and was wondering if they are any good

google was not really telling me much, so i figured i'd try here

i also think they are rebranded

but tbh i'm very satisfied with gigabyte mobo quality as well as gpu's

What makes you say that they are bad? (no diss, just curious)

Hi, and thanks for the answer, i'm not building anything, i just came across a gigabyte psu in the wild and was wondering if they are any good

google was not really telling me much, so i figured i'd try here

i also think they are rebranded

but tbh i'm very satisfied with gigabyte mobo quality as well as gpu's

What makes you say that they are bad? (no diss, just curious)

Every VGA a friend had with Giga on it's name, fan's failed after the warranty or sounded like a chainsaw (low quality fans), but not only that, i think they have some really low quality components inside them (sometime worse than even cheap brands like palit), in terms of VGA's I think their low budget cards are brand name rip off's, not worth the extra money for the brand name.
Personally i had problems in the past with Gigabyte motherboards ( AM2+ 775, 1150), 3 to be precise all of them died a bit after the warranty... and since then I avoid Motherboards Giga(not mine, work machines).
Recently I'm hearing good things for AM4 and 1200,1151, Gigabyte motherboards, but I just avoid them by instinct since then on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quanticriver
Hello everyone

I have been wondering about the Gigabyte PSUs, are they rebranded?

Are they any good?

Is there anyone amongst you who has firsthand experience with these units?
Yes, they are rebrands. The only model that I'd consider worthy of recommending is their Aorus power supply (APGM) which is made by a company called Shenzhen Metrotec Electronic Co. (MEIC) IIRC. Probably best to avoid them altogether and stick with Seasonic or Super Flower. Companies rebranding these two manufacturers are usually good too, like Antec EA pro models or Phanteks AMP series. Luckily Super Flower is available in North American markets now as EVGA sinks into an abyss of mediocrity. Corsair models are really good from CX on up so can't leave them out.

Last edited:
Solution

Endre

Reputable

“... and I would avoid both!”
I strongly disagree with this statement!
I had Gigabyte motherboards over the course of time, and they all worked well.
My current motherboard is Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, which is an excellent motherboard, with 12 phases VRM and 3x M.2 heatsinks and metal base-plate (unlike the 6 phase crap, 1x heatsink, and no base-plate, that Asus is selling for a higher price!)

I suggest not to judge PSUs by brand and avoid suggestions that judges PSUs by brand. It depends on which exact PSU you're talking about. The APGM series is decent, while the PGM series sucks as it manages to break by normal testing procedures and have very bad reviews on Amazon/Newegg. The P-B 650W and up series are OK, while the P-550-B and below are junk.

Reactions: Quanticriver