[SOLVED] Opinions on PC parts

Nikola-K2808

Reputable
Oct 2, 2016
Hello, I am new to PC building and I want to build my first PC for gaming and casual streaming I was thinking between a Ryzen 2700x and the Ryzen 3600x (with maybe a coolermaster 212 black rgb cooler) and for the gpu msi 1660ti gaming x but if there are other suggestions please feel free to share them. Wanted to go for Ripjaws 16gb 3200Mhz on a msi x470 gaming plus motherboard so my question is with the CPU and GPU which I should choose for best performance my budget is around 700-800€ and I already have a coolermaster 550W power supply and a HDD/SSD.

Thank you so much for your time!

Solution
I can add bios update on the site of the store where I was planning on buying my parts. I will mainly use the PC for gaming but would like to start streaming with OBS studio and sometimes some schoolwork and the most intensive program I would need to use for school is autodesk inventor/autocad but I could run that fine on my fx6300 so no worries on that part. I think the Ryzen 3600x would do okay if I only run a game and OBS or would it not be a good idea? Is the GPU a good choice or is there a better one for that price range?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Personally, I'd opt for the Ryzen 3600x, but that motherboard may require a BIOS update in order to use it. If you can easily update the BIOS yourself (you can get and older Ryzen CPU or you don't mind waiting for a loaner from AMD), then that's the route I'd go. Otherwise, I'd just go with the 2700x.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Depends on the application, if you need more cores/threads for say multitasking or workstation, you'd be hard pressed not to get the 2700 series because their price have plummeted, for gaming alone, you probalby want the 3600. That and you get the benefit of newer technology.

If you get 16GB, remember to go 2x8GB not 1x16GB.

Also depending on what exact Cooler Master PSU model you have and how old it is, you may want to consider upgrading anyway, if it's poor quality that is.

Nikola-K2808

Reputable
Oct 2, 2016
The PSU is a masterwatt 550 and you can't update the motherboard without an older amd CPU? The thing is that I was originally thinking about getting a 2700x (230€) but then I saw the 3600x (255€) and loo'ed up online that the 3600x has better performance and is slightly more expensive but the price difference is still okay for me.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The PSU is a masterwatt 550 and you can't update the motherboard without an older amd CPU? The thing is that I was originally thinking about getting a 2700x (230€) but then I saw the 3600x (255€) and loo'ed up online that the 3600x has better performance and is slightly more expensive but the price difference is still okay for me.
Unless you get some MSI boards that have a flashback feature where a CPU is not needed. But they have come with some problems in some models

Again if you need multicore/multitasking or workstation effectiveness, get the 2700, if you're looking at gaming for example get the 3600 IMO

Nikola-K2808

Reputable
Oct 2, 2016
I can add bios update on the site of the store where I was planning on buying my parts. I will mainly use the PC for gaming but would like to start streaming with OBS studio and sometimes some schoolwork and the most intensive program I would need to use for school is autodesk inventor/autocad but I could run that fine on my fx6300 so no worries on that part. I think the Ryzen 3600x would do okay if I only run a game and OBS or would it not be a good idea? Is the GPU a good choice or is there a better one for that price range?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS