[SOLVED] Opinions on RTX selection

Sep 8, 2019
I've been thinking about getting a 2070 or a 2080, but considering the 1070ti I have right now goes to 65c/75c while gaming and gets kinda loud I think I'm gonna need a blower variant.

This is an ITX build that does not have much airflow available so I believe a blower would help keep it cooler without pushing more hot air into the case.

I'm unsure which GPU to get mainly because I want a noticeable improvement from the 1070ti, and at the same time I want it to run cooler than the 1070ti. I also want to be able to use raytracing without having it's settings on the lowest.

Does anyone have any recommendations about which RTX to get? As well as how capable they are of raytracing?

Can't get a GPU for this ITX build for a while, but I would appreciate any suggestions or opinions.

ITX Specs:
i9-9900
GTX 1070ti Aorus edition (Temporary)
600w corsair psu (Maybe 650w, don't quite remember)
16gb 2666 DDR4 (Again, temporary)

Solution
Love those ITX builds.

I happen to like blower coolers.
They get heat out of the case directly.
I use a GTX1080ti blower card and never hear it.

A graphics card will usually target 80c as a temperature and set the performance and fan profiles to the best performance possible maintaining that temperature.
The stronger your graphics card, the more likely it can loaf and be quiet.
Yes, the RTX2080ti is very expensive.
The next best might be a RTX2080 super like this EVGA unit:
https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-super-08g-p4-3080-kr/p/N82E16814487462
Sep 8, 2019
I doubt the blower style would be much cooler and probably a bit louder.

Which case?

For a worthwhile upgrade I'd probably look at the 2080 Super.
My case is a Node 202.

I just wanna find a card that can play it when its better optimized and offers good performance. I would go for the 2080ti but that is quite expensive.

My case is a Node 202.

I just wanna find a card that can play it when its better optimized and offers good performance. I would go for the 2080ti but that is quite expensive.
The optimization is the hardwares fault, not the games Ampere may have way better ray tracing I'd personally wait for that...as Turing is a good architecture but, ray tracing just isn't worth it to get a premature "premium feature" and to top it off in some cases you can't even tell the difference between RTX on and RTX off.

Love those ITX builds.

A graphics card will usually target 80c as a temperature and set the performance and fan profiles to the best performance possible maintaining that temperature.
https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-super-08g-p4-3080-kr/p/N82E16814487462

Solution
Sep 8, 2019
Love those ITX builds.

I was looking into that 2080 Super blower, However I may just save up for a 2080ti blower for the extra power and as with the blower model I will have enough room for a 120mm fan in the case. As AngelTech pointed out though, it may be better to wait a bit.

It's nice getting all this input so I have a great idea which card is ideal, or if I should wait a bit.

TRENDING THREADS