Opinions on the Nokia 6225

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I'm ready to upgrade from my LG5350 to the Nokia 6225.

Any experiences with this phone? Has anyone used it with a notebook for
data? Any other things I should know?

Does it take standard headsets or the old custom Nokia headsets?

Thanks!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <JtKdnQC2d-WcsXHdRVn2hg@giganews.com>,
"dan mcgraw" <spam@onlysleeping.org> wrote:

> I'm ready to upgrade from my LG5350 to the Nokia 6225.
>
> Any experiences with this phone? Has anyone used it with a notebook for
> data? Any other things I should know?

SprintPCS still has the don't ask - don't tell policy about using cell
phones as modems. It is against their rules, but if its used only
moderately and you have a Vision plan, apparently its allowed.


>
> Does it take standard headsets or the old custom Nokia headsets?
>
> Thanks!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Dan,

I activated a Nokia 6225 on my account briefly when we first got them in.
Here are some experiences and opinions. Your mileage may vary:

* Keypad layout is awkward. Typical Nokia.
* Bottom row of buttons is particularly challenging since they are
smaller. Not good for fat-fingered folks like me.
* Display is sharp for an STN, but colors are surprisingly dull.
* Camera is in a bad spot... right where my finger should be.
* RF quality seems to be quite good, and volume is decent.
* Phone uses the "standard" headsets, not the Nokia proprietary stuff.
* ...but still uses the standard Nokia charger, not the new Sprint SCI
barrel plug (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe the
6225 supports the SCI plug... maybe it does both?)

That's about all I can throw in. Since we (RS) don't sell the data cables
for this phone I can't share any experiences with tethered use. Perhaps
someone else can chime in on that one.

Steve



On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, dan mcgraw wrote:

> I'm ready to upgrade from my LG5350 to the Nokia 6225.
>
> Any experiences with this phone? Has anyone used it with a notebook for
> data? Any other things I should know?
>
> Does it take standard headsets or the old custom Nokia headsets?
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
>
 

Mike

Splendid
Apr 1, 2004
3,865
0
22,780
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

dan mcgraw wrote:

> I'm ready to upgrade from my LG5350 to the Nokia 6225.
>
> Any experiences with this phone? Has anyone used it with a notebook for
> data? Any other things I should know?
>
> Does it take standard headsets or the old custom Nokia headsets?
>
> Thanks!
>

Nice RF performance. Poor battery life for data use. I found it marginal
for voice. Sound quality was okay for me, but some find the earpiece far
too tinny.

No luck using it with a laptop at this time - at least with vision.

Standard 2.5mm 3-conductor headsets will work, as will Nokia pop-port
headsets. There is a special stereo headset available to make the most
of the handset's built-in radio.

Business card and calendar event transfer via SMS is awesome - everyone
should do this.

Quite good for text, but only if your fingers like the keypad.

Consider the 8200 if you need the longer battery life or the ability to
connect to your laptop for internet access.

-mike
 

Mike

Splendid
Apr 1, 2004
3,865
0
22,780
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steve Crow wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I activated a Nokia 6225 on my account briefly when we first got them in.
> Here are some experiences and opinions. Your mileage may vary:
>
> * Keypad layout is awkward. Typical Nokia.
> * Bottom row of buttons is particularly challenging since they are
> smaller. Not good for fat-fingered folks like me.
> * Display is sharp for an STN, but colors are surprisingly dull.
> * Camera is in a bad spot... right where my finger should be.
> * RF quality seems to be quite good, and volume is decent.
> * Phone uses the "standard" headsets, not the Nokia proprietary stuff.
> * ...but still uses the standard Nokia charger, not the new Sprint SCI
> barrel plug (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe the
> 6225 supports the SCI plug... maybe it does both?)
>
> That's about all I can throw in. Since we (RS) don't sell the data cables
> for this phone I can't share any experiences with tethered use. Perhaps
> someone else can chime in on that one.
>
> Steve
>

You are correct. Currently, Nokia models do not support the SCI connector.
-mike