Question opinions on the system configuration? Thank you very much!

faive123

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
Hi. I'm building a system that hopefully last me for a few years and want the maximum performance available, given the circumstances. I'm not a heavy player, but I do enjoy playing racing games mostly. Currently I game on a 4K OLED 32" monitor but I would eventually try VR and or multiple monitors. My MAIN USE though is photo and video editing, mostly photo edition with Photoshop. I handle large files because my cameras files are quite big (100MB Fuji GFX100II and 60MB Leica M and Q3). Currently my PC can handle it but when doing deblur/focus rendering, removals and enhancements or even browsing the photos the PC get slows or get stucked. My current PC is 3 year old.

I have built the system with PUGET SYSTEMS (it would be my first time with them). I really need a super quiet PC, with my current PC I use Noctua fans. I don't care about RGB lightning or any of kind of custom gaming pc case. The fewer distractions, the better.

What do you think of this configuration and its price? Thank you very much for your opinions and insight. Best regards,

Platform

Intel Core Z790 Mid Tower

Motherboard;
ASUS ProArt Z790-Creator WiFi (Intel Z790 ATX)
CPU; Intel Core i9 14900K 3.2GHz (Up To 6.0GHz Turbo) 24 Core 125W
RAM:128GB DDR5-5600 (4x32GB)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16GB Open Air IN STOCK
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek S1220A HD Audio
Networking: 10G 2.5G Networking WiFi 6e
Hard Drive: 4TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 SSD (Peak 7000 MB/s)
Case: Fractal Design Define 7 (black)
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex VII Gold 1000W (80 PLUS Gold)
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-U12AP
Additional Cooling: Case Fans PWM Upgrade Kit

PRICE: $5,308.65

Lutfij

Titan
I would avoid Intel for anything until they sort themselves out. In fact you should look into AMD's AM5 platform.

As for your build, what is your budget, where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase? Perhaps Puget system's can also sort you out with an AM5 build?

Have you priced any of those items individually?

Puget generally builds good stuff, but I'd guess the markup over the retail price of the components is quite high. But maybe you are quite insensitive to price?

Can we assume you have NO intention of building this yourself?

Are you anywhere near a Microcenter?

I rarely see anyone use a separate sound card anymore....maybe you have a highly specific need for that?

What CPU/motherboard/RAM combination is your current PC?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I hope that's not what their charging you for that OUCH!!!!!

Your drives should be split up, OS and programs, download, scratch, and storage.
You can probably skip the scratch drive if your not skilled and just use a download to and edit drive in one drive.

Buying from them your paying roughly double the price.

EDIT list your 3 year old PC parts!

128GB of memory is massive most people never use over 64GB and I really see no use for the thunderbolt or 10G connection.

How much memory do you have now and how much are you actually using. (goes with the above list the parts you have right now)

EDIT AGAIN If their using that cooler they must have the processor gimped a good bit.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Have you priced any of those items individually?

Puget generally builds good stuff, but I'd guess the markup over the retail price of the components is quite high. But maybe you are quite insensitive to price?

Can we assume you have NO intention of building this yourself?

Are you anywhere near a Microcenter?

I rarely see anyone use a separate sound card anymore....maybe you have a highly specific need for that?

What CPU/motherboard/RAM combination is your current PC?
That's not a sound card it's built in the board.

Reactions: Lafong