Question Opinions on this card and brand

xxthomas94

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019
No it’s very expensive, you can get a 580 for not far off half that price used. That’s how much you’d pay for it new when it just launched as the RX 480 3/4 years ago

I'm just curious on the brand, and not buying used lol...

If don't go with that card, just get something prebuilt.

So just asking about brand since only ever bought msi stuff...

I'm just curious on the brand, and not buying used lol...

If don't go with that card, just get something prebuilt.

So just asking about brand since only ever bought msi stuff...
Brands alright, not the best or worst, but if you’re not considering used,them you’re being a bit daft in my opinion. Especially with eBays buyer protection. You’re paying full retail for a 3 year old card when you can buy better cards from the generation for less.

Reactions: xxthomas94

xxthomas94

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019
Brands alright, not the best or worst, but if you’re not considering used,them you’re being a bit daft in my opinion. Especially with eBays buyer protection. You’re paying full retail for a 3 year old card when you can buy better cards from the generation for less.

Its a delivery issue is why Amazon is my go to and won't shop anywhere else. Amazon is literally only place I can shop and receive my stuff seems like haha long story...

I'm basically going with look over price. I enjoy the look of the card. $225 for a card is a fair price for my budget.

xxthomas94

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019

The 580 version of that card is $265 😂😂 so think $225 for 590 is good...

xxthomas94

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019
So what exactly is a Vega 56 vs a RX590 just curious...

I was poking around at Amazon used section and they have a buyer guarentee if item doesn't work and there's a vega 56 for $250 and new price is $420....

Probs cos they don’t make the 580 anymore :) but you can get a Vega 56 for around that and it’s a better card

So what exactly is a Vega 56 vs a RX590 just curious...

I was poking around at Amazon used section and they have a buyer guarentee if item doesn't work and there's a vega 56 for $250 and new price is $420....
A Vega 56 is like the step up card from from 590 on AMDs side. It’s a faster card designed for 1440p gaming whereas the 590 is designed for 1080p. But it does have a higher power draw by around 75W I think, though you can undervolt it . I have a Vega 56 after owning a 580 and it’s a lot better. Though I am moving on soon because my new case is small and the Vega 56 I have is rather massive.
Plus Vega 56 has a 2048 Bit memory bus vs a 128Bit I think on the RX cards ;) does completely nothing in anything you’d do but HBM2 is cool :)

xxthomas94

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019
A Vega 56 is like the step up card from from 590 on AMDs side. It’s a faster card designed for 1440p gaming whereas the 590 is designed for 1080p. But it does have a higher power draw by around 75W I think, though you can undervolt it . I have a Vega 56 after owning a 580 and it’s a lot better. Though I am moving on soon because my new case is small and the Vega 56 I have is rather massive.
Plus Vega 56 has a 2048 Bit memory bus vs a 128Bit I think on the RX cards ;) does completely nothing in anything you’d do but HBM2 is cool :)

The amount of cards is crazy, I haven't bought a card in 6yrs 😂😂😂

I just like the red devil design...and not sure on used...

xxthomas94

Commendable
Sep 14, 2019
Nah it’s a reference it’ll just be loud and hot cos its a blower

Tried to bid on 2060 but its almost at $300 at still has 5 days, way over my budget 😂

Tiny case with probably horrible ventilation probably not gonna be good with a hot card 😂

About to just buy the powercolor haha

Tried to bid on 2060 but its almost at $300 at still has 5 days, way over my budget 😂

Tiny case with probably horrible ventilation probably not gonna be good with a hot card 😂

About to just buy the powercolor haha
If you have a small case a blower is the better option, they run hot but exhaust all of the hot air out of the case, the normal downdraft coolers (ones with 2 big fans) exhaust all of the heat into the case leaving your case fans to get rid.