Opinions please!

I am replacing my Inspiron laptop (display bad). I'm looking at the 600M or
an 8600 (refurb). I would kindly appreciate any user experiences with these
two models or if one can recommend another. I always liked the 8100, so, I
guess I'm looking for something simular.

Thanks,

J. Davenport

Sorry, I left out that my Inspiron I was replacing was a 8100.
"Jay Davenport" <jdave11nospam@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I am replacing my Inspiron laptop (display bad). I'm looking at the 600M or
>an 8600 (refurb). I would kindly appreciate any user experiences with these
>two models or if one can recommend another. I always liked the 8100, so, I
>guess I'm looking for something simular.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J. Davenport

I like my 600m a lot, it's not heavy for travel, nice battery life and good
CPU choices.

Also look at the new Latitude D 610.

Cheers,

Loopback

"Jay Davenport" <jdave11nospam@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I am replacing my Inspiron laptop (display bad). I'm looking at the 600M or
>an 8600 (refurb). I would kindly appreciate any user experiences with these
>two models or if one can recommend another. I always liked the 8100, so, I
>guess I'm looking for something simular.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J. Davenport

Al

I have a 8600 and love it. Not very heavy, nice bright display, and very
good battery life, also there is an optional media by battery for when I
doing anything that doesn't require the DVD drive.
Al

Jay Davenport wrote:
> I am replacing my Inspiron laptop (display bad). I'm looking at the 600M or
> an 8600 (refurb). I would kindly appreciate any user experiences with these
> two models or if one can recommend another. I always liked the 8100, so, I
> guess I'm looking for something simular.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J. Davenport

I bought a 600M a couple of months ago...it replaced an I5000. This one
is MUCH lighter. The display does not seem to be as sharp or as bright
as the one replaced.

The 600M has pretty good battery life, and if you keep the display
brightness down a little, that helps a bunch on battery life. The
built-in wireless is nice too..I would go that route as opposed to a
PCMCIA card.

All in all I like it a lot.

HTH

Tom S.
Houston, TX

There are two other models to consider - the Latitude D610 (the
replacement for the D600, which was the same core system as the 600m)
and the Latitude D810, which is the true replacement for the
D800/Inspiron 8600 pair.

Jay Davenport wrote:
> I am replacing my Inspiron laptop (display bad). I'm looking at the 600M or
> an 8600 (refurb). I would kindly appreciate any user experiences with these
> two models or if one can recommend another. I always liked the 8100, so, I
> guess I'm looking for something simular.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J. Davenport

Bought a 600m for my college daughter a few months ago...is perfect for her
needs.