opinions pleez on editing software

I would like your overall opinions on various editing softwares I am
considering on a custom built video editing PC. FCP is out since it won't be
a MAC. Avid seems to be geared toward professionals and film makers and I am
not that. As I have been using Adobe premier 6.0 LE for years I am
considering Adobe premiere Pro. Also researching Vegas 5 and Pinnacle's
Liquid Edition. I want something that is effects laden and Vegas and
Pinnacle seemed to have that whereas Adobe has that in After Effects, an
additional software program. Any comments on these 3 softwares?
Thanks a bunch

jim b wrote:
> I would like your overall opinions on various editing softwares I am
> considering on a custom built video editing PC. FCP is out since it
> won't be a MAC. Avid seems to be geared toward professionals and film
> makers and I am not that. As I have been using Adobe premier 6.0 LE
> for years I am considering Adobe premiere Pro. Also researching Vegas
> 5 and Pinnacle's Liquid Edition. I want something that is effects
> laden and Vegas and Pinnacle seemed to have that whereas Adobe has
> that in After Effects, an additional software program. Any comments
> on these 3 softwares?
> Thanks a bunch

I've been using Vegas since is was an audio-only app (version 1). I just
upgraded to Vegas 5 & DVD architect 2 and have no qualms recommending it to
anyone. The learning curve is fairly easy and what can be done with it
continues to amaze me. Vegas users can take advantage of something called
scripting which automates a lot of different operations. The collection of
over 100 that I have were all free, coming from a user community that is
fantastic.
Check out the Sony Vegas forum at http://tinyurl.com/yswu9
the DMN Vegas forum at http://tinyurl.com/cg3t and the Creative Cow forum at
http://tinyurl.com/3eyvj to get some idea of what I'm talking about. HTH.