[SOLVED] Opinions wanted! Newb YouTuber/PC Builder choosing my next build's components! 3900XT vs 3950X , B550 vs X570...

Jul 30, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on my next build and I am trying to work out the best combination of parts. I've been gathering opinions from people on YouTube/forums about what they would put in a new build, as a guide for my next one.
I know there are new CPU's and GPU's in the near future, but I am building this PC now and will upgrade other PCs I have in the house when the newer components come out.
Gaming, video editing and streaming are my main requirements... so a bit of everything. I have a good budget to work with, this is obviously a higher end PC.
The main parts I'm struggling to decide on are the CPU and Motherboard.

* 3900XT or 3950X
  • B550 or X570
  • Gen 3 or Gen 4 NVME SSD
  • 2080 Super EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER FTW3, 2.75 Slot Extreme Cool Triple
  • 16GB x 2 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
  • Case TBC
  • PSU TBC
  • Case fans TBC

The PC will be air cooled for now, with the possibility of water cooling in future.

I have a Youtube video where you can see me discussing this further (if you're interested) https://youtu.be/D8lxSZp1fWg

I am still pretty new to PC building, but love it so far, so I really appreciate help from people who have been doing it longer than me. Thanks! 😊

(and if you watched my video too, double thanks!)

Jul 30, 2020
Thanks Tennis2, that is a nice list!
There are definitely a few parts there that have come up multiple times in people's suggestions which is good. It still amazes me how well people know all the different options out there.

Jul 30, 2020
In case anyone is interested (or sees this).
Here is the final product! I went with the higher end build, cause of course I did lol.
Thanks to those who helped

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x 16 core 32 thread
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Ultra AM4 AMD X570 ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC Ultra gaming, RGB LED, Metal Backplate
Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200
Lian Li Galahad AIO 360 RGB
Phanteks Eclipse P500A Full metal mesh White D-RGB
Be Quiet Power 11, Fully modular, 750W, Gold
Asiahorse Customization mod sleeve extension power supply kit
PWM Fan splitter
Pci-E X16 Riser Cable, Slim Design

Here is the Youtube video of the build, I couldn't work out how to insert a picture lol:
My Build Video