opportunistic file locking

RC

Hi all
I have a windows 2000 server with a long history of random saying files are
in use when they clearly are not.. i believe this is an issue related to
opportunistic file locking. we have tried to disable offline file access
(in case the synch process is causing problems) as well as a number of other
fixes as per KB articles, but these issues still occur. Can anyone offer any
definitive fix on this issue?
Regards
Richard

Possibly the AV on the server still holds the lock?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]