Optane Memory Help

Hello,

I am trying to get help with my Optane memory stick.

I have a 32GB stick.

I have a clevo / prostar n855hj

I have a Kaby Lake processor (i7-7700hq)

I have UEFI bootable BIOS

I do not have RST bootable BIOS

Windows, sometimes, recognizes Optane as "INTEL MEMPEK1W032GA" in Task Manager under the 2nd Disk.

Windows sometimes does not recognize it at all.

Intel Optane software says I need to be in RST mode and not UEFI mode. (again, I only have the option to boot in UEFI)

I have a BIOS update for the laptop to be OPTANE compatible, but I cannot get the darn thing to boot from my USB. I've tried creating a bootable USB with RUFUS and by just using the extracted zip files. You can find the zip files here, so you can see what I'm working with.

http://

If you need more information, I will gladly let you know. This has been troubling me for a year, I would love to finally put a resolve to it.

Thank you,

Drez

Hey guys,

I finally got it going.

All I did was move everything inside the folder to the outside of the folder on the USB drive, then deleted the empty folder. It booted and understood the commands. all except for "EcFlash." It told me to attach the controller or something like that. I am pretty sure when I tried to do this a year ago, I got the EC to flash but not the other two. anyway, the sucker is working.

I have another huge problem. Now, my Windows does not load when I change the boot mode to RST Premium. The way the errors talk to me, I'm pretty sure it is telling me I have to reinstall windows while in RST boot mode.

Is that correct?

Can I do it another way? I really do not feel like waiting a day or two to backup my files and then wait another 2 days to download all of my software again.

One more thing.

I am unable to close my laptop or shut it down with the screen open. If I do this then I get an error saying to select a bootable device and that no bootable device is detected.

I do not know how to fix this, but I go into the BIOS and turn UEFI off and then back on and exit the BIOS and it starts.

Don't get me wrong, I am still happy with the speed, but when I do this it resets the optane cache every single time I restart and defeats the purpose.

Someone please help me.

For now, I will have to recommend an SSD over optane for a laptop.