optic mice

G

I bought a 30 dollar optic logitech wheelman mouse the other day to find that its optic sensor wasn't fast enough to keep up with the high speeds of 3d games (like counter strike, quake 3, etc.) I have already thrown the logitech in the garbage and Im wondering if anyone knew of an optic mouse that can actually keep up with the fast pace of 3d shooter games? I hear the microsoft explorer is nice, but how about others? (I don't like paying ms even more money)

-SONiQ

G

I realize you won't buy a microsoft product but I must vouch for my Intellimouse Explorer. I play a lot of cstrike, unreal tour., tribes2 etc and would never use anything else. I've tried several ball mice by microsoft and logitech and some trackball mice too. As far as I can tell there is not a more precise and fast mouse for games than the Intellimouse Explorer.

---I'm not crazy...everyone else is!

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think microsoft have new version of Intellimouse Explorer. It is called Intellimouse Explorer version 2.0 the original one is version 1.0. Version 2.0 is 33% faster than version 1.0.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I've heard this before about optical mice, I own the logitech optical cordless and it responds plenty fast enough, muxt depend on the mouse I suppose, this is the only optical once I've tried and I highly reccomend it.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers