Question Optical drive not visible after enabling SATA RAID mode in BIOS for ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi) ?

Jan 29, 2021
Hi guys, thank you for your help. So, I wanted to create RAID1 with 2 internal HDD's (just for storage, not booting), first step I did in BIOS go to Advanced - SATA Configuration - set SATA Mode to RAID. Didn't go further with creating any array, just rebooted to Windows, and now my optical drive is no longer visible. After reading documentation, I found that "Due to chipset limitation, when SATA ports are set to RAID mode, all SATA ports run at RAID mode together"

Next step was to install AMD RAIDXpert2 Utility V9.3.0.38 For Windows 10 64-bit which includes AMD AHCI Compatible SATA RAID Driver, hoping to resolve the issue. This is where the fun begins, the software installed just fine, but i can't find it nowhere!. It didn't create any icon on the desktop, there is any trace of it in Programs and nowhere on the disk. And in Device Manager the RAID controller is still not recognized.
Please help. Thank you

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS