Optical Mouse diode stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

vissen

Reputable
Feb 14, 2018
My PC is kind of broken (or maybe it was because of the mouse?) and from Time to Time it was: instantly disconnecting, quickly and repeatedly disconnecting and connecting and somtimes reconnecting by itself, usually had to crawl under the deska and reconnect it. Now, yesterday it did the same thing again, but after that, both the red sensor diode and LED diodes stopped working, button serem to worek fine.
By the way, my mouse is Natec Genesis GX57. Also the front side button broke, so I'd Say I need a new mouse anyway.
One morze thing. It MAY be on a warranty, but it's not worth to find it out nor to replace it. Just tell me how I cold maybe fix it if you have an idea

vissen

Reputable
Feb 14, 2018

I have time to fix it and it sure is dirty, but if it's hard and if I will get a new one soon, it's probably not worth it like you said. Also, is there a chance that these diodes are fried?

It's a 25$ mouse. I would just replace it since you listed all those small defects.

vissen

Reputable
Feb 14, 2018

I have time to fix it and it sure is dirty, but if it's hard and if I will get a new one soon, it's probably not worth it like you said. Also, is there a chance that these diodes are fried?

The wires are usually poorly soldered on the board for budget mice. Mistreatment will eventually brake some connections. I ve repaired my old mouse by opening it up and checking the wires. If you believe it's worth it, go for it. It's half dead eitherway

Status
Not open for further replies.