Question Optifine for Minecraft messed up my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
I had been playing Minecraft: Windows 10 edition lately and I was interested in mods that made the game look beautiful. It is hard getting them on windows 10 edition so I downloaded Optifabric for Java edition. When I downloaded it, it showed a security risk screen "This might harm your computer" I clicked run because I knew it would say this because it is 3rd party. When I ran it, an application called "DriverRestore" suddenly apeared. The computer I noticed was instantly slow. I looked back at google chrome. There was an uninstall page, so I clicked it. The site said to go to "programs" in the control panel. So that's what I did. Then suddenly some 3rd party toolbar apeared on top of the screen. I tried closing it, but it wasn't popping up on the bottom so I had to manually shut it down in the task manager. That's when I noticed the RAM speeds were super high. Anyways, I unistalled Minecraft Java Edition because I thought that maybe optifabric was in it somehow. Then I went to file explorer and deleted the entire launcher and folder. I deleted the wierd toolbar I talked about earlier because it just kept popping up. Note: The account I was on wasn't the administrator and I think all the applications on the administrator account somehow got transferred. After that, everything was laggy. I restarted the computer, and everthing seemed fine. I still have that driver restore shortcut, so I ran it to see what was up. It said that this file has been modified or deleted so it wouldn't work. I clicked the task manager again to see if everything was normal. RAM usage was at 92%! I only have 1x 8gb. I did a quick scan in the settings for viruses and it said no viruses. Can someone help me when I play a game it seems that when I turn on the computer, every 30 seconds a new background app pops up like malware protection windows 10, toolbars, and other stuff. I can only see it in task manager lurking in the shadows.

CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Your system has been infiltrated by malware. Your only course of action is to wipe and reinstall. Then restore your backups. And, next time pay attention to warnings. They're there for a very good reason.
Okay so the computer has many malware removers and anti virus and I think that was what was causing the high RAM usage. I deleted many things to be sure. I think I'm good now. I did a quick scan and that cheeky little bastard named optifine got killed off by my numerous malware killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS