[SOLVED] Optimal airflow

dakata1337

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
Hello guys,

I have a deepcool matrexx 50 case which houses a ryzen 3 3100 and a gtx 1080 ti. The case only came with one 120mm exhaust fan in the rear. When running a heavy game like Rdr 2 and the gpu is 99% utilised, it's temperatures reach 85C, unless I remove the side panel.

I purchased 4 Arctic P14 fans to improve airflow, but I am wondering if I should install 3 intakes and one top exhaust or 2 intakes and 2 top exhausts. The front panel has filtered openings on both sides but it's pretty restrictive.

Solution
Make sure that all the fans you have in your case are all of the same make and model and that the intake for your case is the same as the exhaust of the case, so you have fresh air being fed and hot air being exhausted from the chassis.

On that note, have two fans at the front as intake and the rear and top fan mounts set to exhaust, see what your results show. You might also want to worry about your processor, having an entry level CPU with a (former)high end GPU does not exactly mean for a balanced system, which is why your GPU is always maxing out.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure that all the fans you have in your case are all of the same make and model and that the intake for your case is the same as the exhaust of the case, so you have fresh air being fed and hot air being exhausted from the chassis.

On that note, have two fans at the front as intake and the rear and top fan mounts set to exhaust, see what your results show. You might also want to worry about your processor, having an entry level CPU with a (former)high end GPU does not exactly mean for a balanced system, which is why your GPU is always maxing out.

Solution

dakata1337

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
The cpu is on par with the i7 7700/k so it's not a huge bottleneck, cpu usage does not go above 75% from what I've seen so far. I will receive the fans tomorrow and gonna try 2 front intakes 2 top exhauss and 1 rear. What botters me is the stock rear fan, it's some cheap deepcool fan and it's making weird noises, will see if additional fans take some strain out of it.