Optimal case pressure

lonnyeandres

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
I have 4 fans in my case : One intake in the front and 3 exhaust: one in the back and two in the top
I have dust filters so the negative pressure doesn't bring much dust in the case
My question is : Is the negative pressure better for cooling?
If I will swap fans to have a positive pressure (more intakes) will my components be cooler?

Solution

Changing your fan positioning would affect your graphics card (if you have one). Theoretically having the front/bottom/side intake positions accommodated you can direct air onto your GPU. If you have no bottom or side panel cut-outs for fans, place two in the front, and two in the back/top back positions.
Feel free to experiment and customise your rig! It does no harm and you can await 3-4°C...

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

Changing your fan positioning would affect your graphics card (if you have one). Theoretically having the front/bottom/side intake positions accommodated you can direct air onto your GPU. If you have no bottom or side panel cut-outs for fans, place two in the front, and two in the back/top back positions.
Feel free to experiment and customise your rig! It does no harm and you can await 3-4°C changes, wich I consider marginal.

Solution