Optimal combo to set my RAM clocks to 6-6-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit32407

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
I Have 2 x 2GB chips of DDR3 1333 MHz RAM. According to CPU-ID The current combination of Memory clock timings are as shown in the attached screenshots. I want to time it to 6-6-6 memory clock. suggest an ideal combination off all the values that needs to be changed. I am new to memory configuration so don't have a proper idea. Please help me out
bey4ub.jpg

2qmixrn.jpg

Solution
It's simply a matter of stability. You're not going to get a stable overclock by forcing the ram timings too low. A few sticks claim to be tested at particular timings, but not for all boards. It won't hurt to try running the ram at lower numbers, but the system may not even post.
You don't need to manually set the timings. Let the board do it for you, based on the ram speed. I sometimes choose a lower ram speed in manual mode before increasing the cpu fsb for overclocking. The board will lock into the faster timings and maintain them when overclocking the cpu. I recently lowered my ram speed from 1333 to 800 and increased the cpu fsb from 200 to 270 for a decent overclock. The timings changed from 9-9-9-24 to 6-6-6-15 at 800, and according to cpuz, maintained the faster timings when the cpu fsb changed. Even though the net ram speed was only 1080, the faster cpu fsb and timings made the system feel much faster.

rohit32407

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
My PC Configuration is
MOBO- Intel DH61ww
PROC- Intel core i5 2310 2.9 ghz
RAM- 4GB 1333 MHZ DDR3 (Sreenshots in my first post)
GPU- MSI Radeon 6770 1 gb ddr5

With this config do u think its advisable to change my memory configuration? will it have any positive effect on systems performance? Or shud i just try to change the memory configuration and run the benchmarks?

It's simply a matter of stability. You're not going to get a stable overclock by forcing the ram timings too low. A few sticks claim to be tested at particular timings, but not for all boards. It won't hurt to try running the ram at lower numbers, but the system may not even post.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.