Optimal Fan setup?

G

Hey guys. I'm going for the coolermaster 690 III with the following setup:

1 x Coolermaster Megaflow 200m for Top (red led, non pwm) (exhaust)
1 x Coolermaster Megaflow 200m for front (red led, non pwm)(intake)
1 x XIlence 120mm pwm fan for rear (exhaust)
1 x XIlence 120mm pwm fan for bottom (intake, as hot air rises? Not sure)

Coolermaster fan

Xilence fan

Using Asus Maximus VII Ranger mobo. Would it be okay to use this pwm splitter for my 2 120 PWM fans, and then this 3 pin fan spiltter for my 2 coolermaster fans (bear in mind they're led)?

Is this an okay setup or is there a better way to do it? I'm not too keen on fan controllers as the cabling can get cluttery and what not.

What would noise be like? Would the PWM fans still be able to be automatically adjusted by the mobo using the pwm fan splitter?

Thanks

Solution
That should be a good fan setup. I would however not run the CM megaflow on the top because the sleeve bearing will start making noise after a little while. Those bearings are meant for vertical mounting. This is from personal experience. You want a fan or fans with fluid bearings for the top exhaust. Cougar makes some good 120mm ones that could be run as a pair there.

G

Okay, thanks for the advice. Will the coolermaster be okay for the front? Are there any 200mm fans you can recommend that won't fall prey to the bearing issue for the top? Not sure if I fancy 2 120mm ones, but if thats the best setup, then that's what I'll do.

Edit: This is really picky, but cougar don't seem to have any red fans that match my colour theme (red and black)

The coolermaster 200mm will be fine up front. As long as it is vertical, it will run wonderfully. The cougars unfortunately only come in black or orange. Any fluid bearing fan will work though. I just like cougar fans because they are dead silent (even at full speed) and move alot of air. Just look for a fluid bearing fan with good CFM (50 or higher) and a quiet noise level (22db or less at full speed) and you will be happy.

Solution
G

Okay, thanks. What about the xilence fan if it's mounted on the bottom? It doesn't state whether it's sleeve or fluid bearing.

Edit: They're "Hydro" bearing. Is that suitable for horizontal mounting?

Pallab Das

Reputable
May 30, 2014
best fan setup what I have done is : in my coolermaster HAF 922
Top as exhaust with two coolermaster R4 120mm
Rear as exhaust with one coolermaster R4 120mm
Side as exhaust with one coolermaster 200mm megaflow with led
Front Bottom as intake with one coolermaster 200mm megaflow with led
Front Upper as intake with coolermaster R4 120mm [modified]
Bottom as intake with coolermaster skleflo 140mm with led
& for cpu itself I have coolermaster Hyper n620 pushpull air cooler
which helps me to lower the cpu temp as well as over all temp to 46 degree celcious from 52 degree C
As I live in a warm climate which is around 46 to 48 Degree C