Optimal Samsung Galaxy S6 edge charger Specs

Haysmt228

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
Hi all,
I am trying to find a charger that will charge my phone, Galaxy S6 Edge super fast without being too powerful for the phone. I no longer have the original charger and wanted to ask if you all knew specific specs to look for when shopping for a new charger. By charger I mean both the port and the cable.

Appreciate your time and expertise

Solution
My Note 5 (which I still use) came with an adaptive quick charger (white cable, white plug like an Apple charger). That means it initially charges fast then gradually throttles back closer towards full charge. If you don't want to use a standard charger.

You can buy one direct from Samsung ensuring you are operating a safe charger. If they are selling it, they deem it safe:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/adaptive-fast-charging-wall-charger-detachable-microusb-usb-cable-white-ep-ta20jweusta/

To give you an idea from my phone, a standard charger from say 10% battery power left means about a 3.5hr charge to full. With quick charge, it drops to an hour or less. I've had my phone for two and a half years and...
My Note 5 (which I still use) came with an adaptive quick charger (white cable, white plug like an Apple charger). That means it initially charges fast then gradually throttles back closer towards full charge. If you don't want to use a standard charger.

You can buy one direct from Samsung ensuring you are operating a safe charger. If they are selling it, they deem it safe:

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/adaptive-fast-charging-wall-charger-detachable-microusb-usb-cable-white-ep-ta20jweusta/

To give you an idea from my phone, a standard charger from say 10% battery power left means about a 3.5hr charge to full. With quick charge, it drops to an hour or less. I've had my phone for two and a half years and there has been no noticeable battery degradation using it although I alternate between it and standard charging.

Solution