[SOLVED] Optimize loadup speed?

Shadow Slasher

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2016
Hello guys!
I will begin building a website for my sister using Wordpress. It is an architectural website, which means that there will be lots of photos with high quality and resolution.
I decided to go with Bluehost as the host for the website (is it fast?). From what I saw on the internet it is pretty fast since it uses SSD hardwares.
Also, what can I do to make the website load fast with all these images? What methods do other people use, because I've seen some websites that load VERY fast and they have tons of high quality images in their homepage.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Solution
Also, the actual construction of the site. The more menus and fancy clicky things...the slower it loads on a user system.

Consider a 2 layer image concept.
Initially, a medium size/resolution image is displayed. Good, but not great. But in the background, the high res images are also loading, invisible to the user.
Click on one of the things, and THEN you get the real high res (which has already been loaded behind the scenes).

User perception is the key. At initial opening, it LOOKS like the whole site is loaded, but it is not.

USAFRet

Titan
Also, the actual construction of the site. The more menus and fancy clicky things...the slower it loads on a user system.

Initially, a medium size/resolution image is displayed. Good, but not great. But in the background, the high res images are also loading, invisible to the user.
Click on one of the things, and THEN you get the real high res (which has already been loaded behind the scenes).

User perception is the key. At initial opening, it LOOKS like the whole site is loaded, but it is not.

Solution

Shadow Slasher

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2016

Yea thats what I was thinking, while the user is busy with something, something else is loaded in the background so that when he clicks on that, it loads up immediately. How can I achieve that using wordpress?

Latest posts