Question Optimized AMD RAM ?

snaw

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Hi guys! I want to buy a Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi II and a 3600mhz RAM.
I went to the RAM support for the motherboard and I can see that Corsair Kit 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600MHz Vengeance Pro RGB Black CL18 AMD (CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18) is in the list of memory support.

I want the next version of this RAM, the Pro SL Black CL18 AMD (CMH16GX4M2Z3600C18) because its smaller, but this one is not on the list.
Should this be a problem? both are AMD optimized but only the non-sl shows on the memory support list.

PS: I have a 5600x
Thank you :)

Lutfij

Titan
On paper, practically any ram kit, so long as it's DDR4 will drop into the ram slots on the motherboard. I'd opt to go for G.SKill's Neo's as they are the kits designed for AMD's Ryzen platform. On the flip side, if you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, you should be able to drop in pretty much any brand of ram on the shelf.

Just a tip, look at tight timings(C16) dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kits for your build/platform.

snaw

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
On paper, practically any ram kit, so long as it's DDR4 will drop into the ram slots on the motherboard. I'd opt to go for G.SKill's Neo's as they are the kits designed for AMD's Ryzen platform. On the flip side, if you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, you should be able to drop in pretty much any brand of ram on the shelf.
Thank you for your answer!
Can you elaborate more why G.Skill's Neo's are better option for AMD than Corsair AMD optimized and present in the motherboard memory support list?

Just a tip, look at tight timings(C16) dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kits for your build/platform.

Is it worth to pay more for a 3600 C16 instead 3600 C18?