Question Optimizing Video Output

Aug 4, 2019
So I've been trying to do a bunch of reading and searching to figure out a workaround to my current issue, with no success thus far. I'm hoping that asking the question directly might shed some light on this issue.

The Issue: I got one of those UHD Blu-Ray Drives. Model of the optical drive will be in the specifications below. The drive came with Cyberlink's PowerDVD program as a combo package. It plays DVDs and Blu-Rays just fine, but won't play 4K Blu-Rays. I spent a few days going back and forth with Cyberlink about my version of PowerDVD, my specs, how I've got everything set up, etc., for them to basically tell me that my setup is wrong (spoiler alert: it isn't).

The Bat-Computer:
Case:
Cooler Master HAF-X
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K (Quad-Core 4.5 GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z270-WS
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 X 16 GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133 MHz
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK GAMING (8 GB 256-Bit GDDR6)
OS Drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB
Data Drives: Three Seagate Constellation 2 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drives (6 TB total)
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-211UBK 16x Internal Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray BDXL Burner
Monitor: Samsung UN50HU8550 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV
Operating System: Windows 10

So I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to make the UHD Drive's 4k Blu-Ray functionality work. Currently, I have a single HDMI 2.2 cable running from my Graphics Card to my HDTV. I've been able to play a 4K Digital Copy of a movie via iTunes, so it's not an HDCP compliance issue. A possible solution I see is outputting the video through the Motherboard while still using the Graphics Card's processing power to be able to play games at high resolution, but using the Integrated Graphics for playing 4K Blu-Rays. Thing is, this is the first computer I've put together, and I don't really know how to go about doing that. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY