optimum settings to convert avi to svcd

James

I have a 686mb avi wedding video given to me with the following spec:
Video: 600 MB, 673 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 480*360(4:3), DivX v3, MPEG-4
(Low-Motion). I would like to convert this to VCD or SVCD (PAL), using
TMPGenc.
I already tried this using VBR 25fps image 4:3, progressive, but it
came out really jerky. Should I be using different settings?

james wrote:

> I have a 686mb avi wedding video given to me with the following spec:
> Video: 600 MB, 673 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 480*360(4:3), DivX v3, MPEG-4
> (Low-Motion). I would like to convert this to VCD or SVCD (PAL), using
> TMPGenc.
> I already tried this using VBR 25fps image 4:3, progressive, but it
> came out really jerky. Should I be using different settings?

use the wizard
--

if I haven't given a url with my answer, try typing the keywords into
google.com

James

PerthMETRO.net <email -at- perthmetro -dot- net> wrote in message news:<Usenet.gqriqetm@localhost>...
> james wrote:
> >
> > I have a 686mb avi wedding video given to me with the following spec:
> > Video: 600 MB, 673 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 480*360(4:3), DivX v3, MPEG-4
> > (Low-Motion). I would like to convert this to VCD or SVCD (PAL), using
> > TMPGenc.
> > I already tried this using VBR 25fps image 4:3, progressive, but it
> > came out really jerky. Should I be using different settings?
>
> use the wizard

use the wizard to what...make you disappear?

Of course I've tried the wizard. I was after recommended expert
settings, given my setup. If I start with an already low quality avi
(673 kbps), then I expect the default SVCD settings (2560 kbps or
whatever) aren't going to improve the quality.
I have TMPGenc 3.0 express and was hoping to tweak the MPEG settings
to meet my needs. Shouldn't I use VBR, and if so, at what bitrate?
Should I use VCD or SVCD given the existing resolution of my avi?
(I've also since discovered that my DVD player will play both NTSC and
PAL, so I'll stick to NTSC, given that that's what I'm starting out
with).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

james wrote:

> PerthMETRO.net <email -at- perthmetro -dot- net> wrote in message
> > james wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a 686mb avi wedding video given to me with the following
> > > spec: Video: 600 MB, 673 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 480*360(4:3), DivX v3,
> > > MPEG-4 (Low-Motion). I would like to convert this to VCD or SVCD
> > > (PAL), using TMPGenc.
> > > I already tried this using VBR 25fps image 4:3, progressive, but
> > > it came out really jerky. Should I be using different settings?
> >
> > use the wizard
>
> use the wizard to what...make you disappear?

don't be nasty ,newsgroups get know where with this

> Of course I've tried the wizard.
How did I know?

I was after recommended expert
> settings,
if you don't explain we don't know

just be a bit more patient with answers and you'll get better replies

James

PerthMETRO.net <email -at- perthmetro -dot- net> wrote in message news:<Usenet.ldfnqaep@localhost>...
> james wrote:
> >
> > PerthMETRO.net <email -at- perthmetro -dot- net> wrote in message

> > > use the wizard
> >
> > use the wizard to what...make you disappear?
>
> don't be nasty ,newsgroups get know where with this
> >
> > Of course I've tried the wizard.
> How did I know?
>
> I was after recommended expert
> > settings,
> if you don't explain we don't know
>
> just be a bit more patient with answers and you'll get better replies

thanks very much