Optimus Popularis Shown Again, May Release Date Promised

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to look down every time to find a key in COD, you are going to get blasted anyways and this won't help. cool idea in theory, and maybe useful in some applications but not for gaming, you don't have time to look down.

masterbinky

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
This is what I don't get. The most expensive individual component of the keyboard should be the OLED screen. If it's the controller, switches, keys, etc then they are doing something very wrong.

So why is it so significantly cheaper for them for the larger OLED screens? The larger OLED screens are more expensive because the increased area that must be defect free decreases yields. So after processing the same surface area of OLED, the smaller screens should be cheaper because there is less processed material that is thrown out due to each defect.

That also impacts the cost of refurbishing returned units under warranty.

I think they are missing a critical position/person in their pet projects, likely because he was considered a jerk-off....

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
This is really just an expensive toy. I agree with getochkn - if you have to look down at your keyboard already, you need typing lessons. And even with a complex program such as Maya (my bread and butter), there's simply no reason you'd need a visual interface which would actually interfere with your typing as well.

It's hideous The original Maximus was pretty slick, but this one is just horribly designed. And no 10-key? Pathetic.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Drop a zero from that price and i would be interested.

But even still, that keyboard looks incredibly awkward to type on. I'm rocking a G15 and satisfied with it, and if i wanted a better keyboard i would get an Unicomp.

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I'd be interested in Logitech doing something similar with the G13 and G15, where the G keys could have LCD/LED icons mapped to them. But at such a price premium? Ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.