[SOLVED] Options for upgrade to Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

So I'm trying to play Break Point with friends but no body in the house can get into our current Apple Airport access point to change the port forwarding the computer it was setup with is broken and we can't determine the password. I'm looking for a reasonably affordable new access point that would offer better performance and ideally better range so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Price range is sub $200usd and anything sub $100usd is ideal. Thank you in advance!

Solution
Like most routers there is a hardware reset button that will reset it to factory settings and you can reconfigure it with any device. The exact detail vary so you have to find the manual but most you hold the button as the box boots.

Almost all routers have the same range. The legal power is set by the government and almost all routers transmit very close to this maximum value. The larger problem tends to be the end devices. Things like cell phone have small antenna and use low power transmission to save battery.

The end device is also a large consideration in how fancy a router you buy. Does not do a lot of good to buy things like 4x4 mimo when your end equipment does not support it.

Any router from the larger...
Like most routers there is a hardware reset button that will reset it to factory settings and you can reconfigure it with any device. The exact detail vary so you have to find the manual but most you hold the button as the box boots.

Almost all routers have the same range. The legal power is set by the government and almost all routers transmit very close to this maximum value. The larger problem tends to be the end devices. Things like cell phone have small antenna and use low power transmission to save battery.

The end device is also a large consideration in how fancy a router you buy. Does not do a lot of good to buy things like 4x4 mimo when your end equipment does not support it.

Any router from the larger manufactures with a "number" say 1200-1750 will likely work fine.

I would attempt to reset your router and see i you can get it to go another year or two. There is a new wifi standard that is suppose to be released by the end of the year. In a year or so there should be lots of options on the market and end device should start to support it. Silly to spend money now and then want to replace the equipment in a year or so.

Solution

Any router from the larger manufactures with a "number" say 1200-1750 will likely work fine.

I would attempt to reset your router and see i you can get it to go another year or two. There is a new wifi standard that is suppose to be released by the end of the year. In a year or so there should be lots of options on the market and end device should start to support it. Silly to spend money now and then want to replace the equipment in a year or so.
I honestly cannot believe i forgot that was a thing. Well i know what i am doing this weekend thank you for the help!