Options for upgrading Windows 2000 to XP Home?

Hi,
I'd like to upgrade my home computer, running Windows 2000 to XP Home.
I understand that the XP home upgrade is for users of Windows 98 or ME. I
do also have windows 98, but it is not installed on any machine. My
question is, can I upgrade 2000 Pro to XP Home? TIA.

Windows 2000 Professional can be upgraded to Windows XP.
--
Ted Zieglar

"Jed Sheckler" <jedshecklerNOSPAM@apexmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'd like to upgrade my home computer, running Windows 2000 to XP Home.
> I understand that the XP home upgrade is for users of Windows 98 or ME. I
> do also have windows 98, but it is not installed on any machine. My
> question is, can I upgrade 2000 Pro to XP Home? TIA.

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade Win2k to XP Home - it must be XP Pro, but
you can wipe the hard drive clean and install XP Home fresh, using the Win98
or Win2k CD as proof of qualifying upgrade product.

--

StringFellow Hawk

Ted Zieglar wrote:
> Windows 2000 Professional can be upgraded to Windows XP.

Ted! I'm surprised at you! You're normally so accurate! Windows 2000 (any
flavour) can only be upgraded to XP *Pro*. Home is the upgrade from 9x/ME.

lose his marbles?

I stand corrected!

Ted Zieglar