[SOLVED] Optiplex 3040 - Dual monitors

Oct 22, 2019
Hi there, new user here!

I have an Dell Optiplex 3040 that has one Display Port and one HDMI out, and two Dell E1916H monitors (which have one Display Port and one VGA ports each).

I just tested dual screening using Display Port > Display Port and HDMI > HDMI to VGA adapter > VGA to VGA and despite the image sucked, I can confirm that this CPU can hold dual screens. Then I tested Display Port > Display Port and HDMI > Display Port (without the so called "active adapters" as far as I researched) and the second monitor didn't worked at all.

So... Now I have some questions and I like to know if you guys could help me:

1 - Would dual screen work considering HDMI > HDMI to Display Port > Display Port to Display Port? Using Display Port to Display Port the max resolution available is 1366 x 768 (not the ideal, but it works for me). If i were to use the aforementioned setup, could I get the same resolution?

2 - Using HDMI > HDMI to VGA adapter > VGA to VGA I got a "native resolution" of 1920 x 1080, but the signal was awful - the monitor became automatically as a digital TV and the image was blurry... Is there anyway to change this "digital TV" configuration to another monitor?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Solution