[SOLVED] Optiplex 380 cpu heatsink upgrade?

Nov 28, 2020
Anyone know what type of bracket is Optiplex 380? Im thinking if its possible to change it with something better but will still fit.

Are there any universal SFF CPU heatsink for it? If it does have, i want atleast a link, a name or a pic

Or if theres none nvm this

Solution
Anyone know what type of bracket is Optiplex 380? Im thinking if its possible to change it with something better but will still fit.

Are there any universal SFF CPU heatsink for it? If it does have, i want atleast a link, a name or a pic

Cooler is most likely screwed directly to MB back plane with no adapters, check for that and MB hole sizes and distances.
As it's socket 775 based you should be able to adapt some cooler that fits 775 socket but direct substitute doesn't exist. You might be better off adding or upgrading a fan or 2 to case and change TIM paste on existing cooler, it's probably baked and caked by now with greatly diminished heat transfer.

Cooler is most likely screwed directly to MB back plane with no adapters, check for that and MB hole sizes and distances.
As it's socket 775 based you should be able to adapt some cooler that fits 775 socket but direct substitute doesn't exist. You might be better off adding or upgrading a fan or 2 to case and change TIM paste on existing cooler, it's probably baked and caked by now with greatly diminished heat transfer.

Solution
Nov 28, 2020
Its rectangular is there even a bracket for it that is not connected together and will just adjust cpu heatsink connector to it