Question Optiplex 7010 raid option missing

fastcompany2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2018
Ok so using my 7010 mini tower as a test bench for a friend's server. Trying to use Intel rst so I can use a SSD as a cache drive for a 4 hdd storage spaces array. I've had this PC setup for around a year and initially set it up with uefi and ahci and I run windows 10 pro or Linux Ubuntu off it. I'm trying to change ahci to raid in the bios options but it's not there. Options for sata operation are "disabled, ata, sata" also in the boot menu there should be an option called "device configuration" it's also missing. Latest bios was installed and I tried rolling back a few with no change. I also own a latitude 6430s and I verified that the raid option and device configuration option are there. Both devices have an almost identical setup. I'd use the laptop as my test bench but I don't really have sata ports I can plug into other than an esata port that I don't own a cable for.

fastcompany2

Prominent
Oct 8, 2018
Explained please. To the best of my understanding I need to use Intel rst to set up a unused SSD as a cache drive. I want to do read only cache of a windows storage spaces array. The only way to configure Intel rst is to have the raid option set in bios. I should not need to touch any other bios settings or get into the raid bios. The drive should be able to get configured with the GUI once back in windows. But I still need sata operation set to raid unless you can tell me another way.

TRENDING THREADS