Optiplex 745 Small Form Factor Wifi Card

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018
Hello Guys, I was planning on buying this for my optiplex 745 sff but I dont want the antennas to be sticking out I was wondering if I could unscrew the silver metal, spin the antennas around and screw it back on so that the antennas will be right on top of the pci card but right below the graphics card, in between. Im starting to get bored playing games single player, I want to play multiplayer, but I need to know if I will be able to do this, Please look at this demonstration Thank You

Solution

You can't have the antennas on the inside of the computer case. As I've mentioned, above, the computer case will block the WiFi radio signals from being sent to the WiFi router and also prevent WiFi radio signals from being received by the WiFi card.

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018

like this

link points to login page.

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018

oh man sorry let me check

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018
I actually did think about that, but they are too weak, the router is 3 rooms away, I used to have a pci wifi card before I got my graphics card R5 240, now that I have the graphics card, there is no avalable pci slot, + I want pcie wifi because it stays inside the computer, not easily removable, not noticeable, except for the antennas, which is the problem, I might purchase a usb wifi, but I need to first know if the antennas will be able to go in the pc. Thank You

You can't have the antennas on the inside of the computer case. As I've mentioned, above, the computer case will block the WiFi radio signals from being sent to the WiFi router and also prevent WiFi radio signals from being received by the WiFi card.

Solution

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018
Thanks, I've really wanted to buy one of those pcie wifi cards but I cant, the graphics card is in the one pcie slot I have, I need pcie because most of them do not have antennas they have wires that you can place in any part of the computer like this one, but I won't just place the antennas in the back I will place them in the front so the case won't block the connection, oh and also I remove the computer case due to parts overheating so I don't think the case blocking it would be a problem, I just need to know if they make pcie wifi cards like this so I can put it in the pci slot rather than the pcie, my GPU is in the pcie. Thanks for the help.

Why can't you use something like this with the PCI card? Why do the cables need to be on the inside of the computer case?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6dBi-Home-WiFi-Antenna-External-Wireless-Network-Signal-Omni-Direction-Booster-/223001511065?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018
My mom cant know, I use it to play games multiplayer I got bored of single player and I have a lot of games that are both single player and multiplayer. I want to try multiplayer, she has no idea Im upgrading it. Ok wait a second, the ebay item that you linked, I noticed it has a "SMA" connector, I think thats what its called, but those things only connect to pcie wifi cards like this one and not on pci wifi cards like this one, I only have 1 pcie slot and 1 pci slot, the pcie slot currently has a graphics card in it so the only open slot is the pci slot and the item doesnt connect to pci wifi cards only pcie. I was planning on buying this and putting this pcie wifi card in it (since the antennas are moveable) but I was afraid that it wouldnt fit since I have a small form factor pc its very skinny.

polis_putrus

Prominent
Apr 24, 2018

Thank you will do.