[SOLVED] Optiplex 755 help

Mar 2, 2020
Hello all. I need to upgrade my graphics card in my optiplex 755 small form factor running Windows XP, as it is not cutting it for the games I want to play. I have a tiny budget of at maximum £30 but I would be upset to see that amount of money go. Of course because it’s sff I have a tiny space to work with. I intend to buy used and get something better than a gt 730. I am also getting a Core2duo e8500 for reference so as not to bottleneck either. Thanks in advance!

Solution
It's the best advice I can give. But the better news is that a new system nowadays is much cheaper for what you get than it was 2 or 3 years ago, so it's not as much saving up.

Better to do that than to put good money into a long obsolete platform, it'll be worth the saving and should see you right for a few years at least.
It's the best advice I can give. But the better news is that a new system nowadays is much cheaper for what you get than it was 2 or 3 years ago, so it's not as much saving up.

Better to do that than to put good money into a long obsolete platform, it'll be worth the saving and should see you right for a few years at least.

Solution
Mar 2, 2020

Sorry I didn’t see the notification. I found a solution in the end but thank you. Going to upgrade the graphics card later down the line. Thank you very much though!!!

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Mar 5, 2020
I went down this road many moons ago and determined that while the cards are out there, the limitation imposed on you by the PCI-e slot of 25 watts just makes this whole venture a waste of time. Get a new system. I have an i5 just sitting in my garage you could have but I'm in Arizona.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Mar 2, 2020
I went down this road many moons ago and determined that while the cards are out there, the limitation imposed on you by the PCI-e slot of 25 watts just makes this whole venture a waste of time. Get a new system. I have an i5 just sitting in my garage you could have but I'm in Arizona.
A GT1030 will work but I afraid it is out of your price range. or this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG9jFbwlWbA
Thank you. I have decided to get a new system as my dad (who built gaming PCs around this time) said he would help me. I’m thinking of getting something a bit better like a socket 1156 mobo with an I5 760. Graphics card wise probably a Radeon hd 7770. Thanks for all the advice!

Nov 12, 2019
Wow, I am guessing you are in you're mid teens. I remember making posts like this back in the mid 2000s. No one understood the budget limitations until they realised my age! Good on you, kid!