optiplex 780 mt not working

Jul 3, 2017
i have been upgrading an old optiplex for gaming . i have tried to add a USB card to it so i can add leds ,but after i added it it stopped working . the power led is green and the fan is on fully power ( i set it to do that in the bios )and when i try to turn it off it wont't . i installed the USB card in the first pci slot ( not pcie ) . please help , i have already invested about $240 in it and i would like it to work .

Solution
If you look between the USB pins and the motherboard battery about 1/2 wat there a re a couple of sets of 2 pins. One pair says RTCRST next to them. there is also a litttle note "1-2 : CLEAR CMOS
EMPTY:NORMAL
If you jump those 2 pins the BIOS (CMOS) will return to original settings.
Looking at the 0C27VV motherboard on my desk there appears to be a 10 pin USB connector on the MB right behind the printer port that supports 2x USB devices per the Dell Manual. So I would suggest removing the card and using that. Probably the BIOS isn't recognizing any extra USB ports. If you have the T9303 workstation heatpipe cooler you probably won't need the extra fan RPMs. I'm curious about what you've done to it. You can tell by the Dimension E520 in my sig. that I like to mod Dells.

If you look between the USB pins and the motherboard battery about 1/2 wat there a re a couple of sets of 2 pins. One pair says RTCRST next to them. there is also a litttle note "1-2 : CLEAR CMOS
EMPTY:NORMAL
If you jump those 2 pins the BIOS (CMOS) will return to original settings.

Solution