Optiplex 780 sff

Jan 27, 2019
Hello guys few days ago my pc fall down from my desk it was a bit hight and then i tried it to boot it up but after i pluged in the cable the motherboard appeared a orange light then disappeared i noticed my power supply dint work it was damaged no smell of burns to after all i got mad and i removed my pc case and took all my parts and putting them in box my question is can i use a different power supply? What about a cace any suggestion Sorry for my eng im from albania

gogi

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Yes and no. If you find one that fits, sure. But you might need a new case, etc. But i would bet that somethibg else in there is also broken. If it shorted the psu it mightve also damaged parts on the motherboard. Unless if you can try with another psu just to see if its worth fixing, else i wouldnt go through the trouble

It's the size and shape of the PSU that makes it difficult. There is an adaptor for the mini 24 pin connector.
https://www.ebay.com/i/192696700037?chn=ps
Be sure and get one for a Dell. HP is slightly different.
i'm afraid sff is difficult to work with. If something else is damaged the PSU will detect it and shut itself off to protect the system. But maybe the computer shop can switch some parts around and find the problem.

Jan 27, 2019
Thanks for you help guys anyways the repair shop told me that a part on the board was burnt in the PSU and he said its hard to repair it but thanks for the idea about convertor 24 pin I will try it. Oh I have forgot to say that I put my optiplex 780 case in trash well I should not have done it but well its hard to find case now for that model thanks again guys

Jan 27, 2019
Update i found a casw for my optiplex 780 and sent the psu in another place hopefly he fixs it i also suspect that he lied to me by saying that psu is burned i bpticed this because when my psu dint work i tried to open the case of the psu but it was inpossible to unscrew them and yet it was again inpossible

TRENDING THREADS