Question Optiplex 9020 Power Switch Situation

mmurley

Reputable
Jan 24, 2020
Good morning.

I have transplanted a Dell Optiplex 9020 into a Corsair 100R case. Everything is good except the power switch. My plan was / is to use the pin 1 & 2 / jumper 3& 4 mod. Only it apparently isn't working for some reason. And yes, I clipped away the fence around the pins on the mobo so everything should seat.

With the original power switch it starts up but I don't want to have it hanging out the side.

Am I missing something?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I couldn't figure it out either, just wired the PSU to always be on. I couldn't find any diagrams for it. I think it is some sort of latching circuit with components inside the switch, but wasn't worth the effort.

Also found it easier to just pull the plastic connector off, not held down except by friction.

Still quite pleased with my purchase, I think it was mismarked, got an i7-4790 for $200. Used it to replace an aging X58 platform.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No, on the PSU.

I made attempts on the Optiplex front panel connector, nothing seemed to work. I think the circuitry that makes it operate is in the switch, a flip/flop acting as a latch, no idea. Or maybe something more fancy. One switch for several different functions, or it just has a non-zero resistance that needs to be accounted for. I still have the chassisif you want me to take it apart, I had no reason to before. I no longer have the board though.

Reactions: SamirD

TRENDING THREADS