Optiplex GXi Won't Post - Wrong Type of RAM Perhaps?

I have this old Optiplex GXi that I am trying to get up and running with
Linux. However, she won't even POST for some reason. I have her
configured thus:

CPU: Pentium-133
RAM: 64MB (1 PC100 64MB DIMM)
Hard Drive: Samsung 321620A (2.16GB)
CD-ROM: NEC CDR-273

No cards installed, just using the on-board video, sound, and NIC.

When I power up, I get nothing on the monitor, though the hard drive
spins up and everything seems to be jumpered fine.

Could this perhaps be a problem with the memory? I know that this is a
good DIMM. But is it possible that this old system can't take PC100 memory?

--
Scarletdown
(Spamfoil in place. Lift MYTAILFEATHERS to reply via email.)

The GXi needs EDO memory, not SDRAM.

Edward J. Neth wrote:
> The GXi needs EDO memory, not SDRAM.

Thank-you. I suspected that was the case. I just wanted to confirm it
before making the "pilgrimage" to one of the local geek shops here to
get some EDO memory for her. :D