oracle 10g

Is any one running Oracle 10g database server software on Intel Xeon
EM64T processor, machines? Please inform and comment on your
performance.
Thanks,
Yasaswi

yasaswi@encfor.com (Yasaswi Pulavarti) wrote in message news:<aa862233.0411221151.5fa4fb07@posting.google.com>...
> Is any one running Oracle 10g database server software on Intel Xeon
> EM64T processor, machines? Please inform and comment on your
> performance.

I don't think there is an AMD64 version of Oracle 10g released yet.
It's been announced for Linux, but I don't think it's out of beta yet.
There is still the good old x86 version which will run too.

Yousuf Khan

On 25 Nov 2004 21:15:46 -0800, yjkhan@gmail.com (ykhan) wrote:

>yasaswi@encfor.com (Yasaswi Pulavarti) wrote in message news:<aa862233.0411221151.5fa4fb07@posting.google.com>...
>> Is any one running Oracle 10g database server software on Intel Xeon
>> EM64T processor, machines? Please inform and comment on your
>> performance.
>
>I don't think there is an AMD64 version of Oracle 10g released yet.
>It's been announced for Linux, but I don't think it's out of beta yet.
>There is still the good old x86 version which will run too.

AFAICT 10g is recently released and 9i was released in May, both for
Linux/x86-64.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html

Rgds, George Macdonald

Hello,

I am trying to create an installation of Oracle 9i on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux version 3 release 2 running on a dual processor Xeon
[EM64T] Dell PowerEdge 2850 machine, and am having a difficult time
ascertaining just what my options might be.

I understand that while the Red Hat EM64T platform is supported by 10g,
it is not [officially] supported by 9i.

Would anyone allow me to hijack this topic to ask whether or not you've
successfully installed Oracle 9i on the Redhat i386-64 platform? The
`ld` utility chokes when linking, so there are a number of compilation
errors in the make.log along the lines of
"ld: warning: i386 architecture of input file "" is incompatible with
i386:x86-64 output"
George Macdonald wrote:
> On 25 Nov 2004 21:15:46 -0800, yjkhan@gmail.com (ykhan) wrote:
>
> >yasaswi@encfor.com (Yasaswi Pulavarti) wrote in message
> >> Is any one running Oracle 10g database server software on Intel
Xeon
> >> EM64T processor, machines? Please inform and comment on your
> >> performance.
> >
> >I don't think there is an AMD64 version of Oracle 10g released yet.
> >It's been announced for Linux, but I don't think it's out of beta
yet.
> >There is still the good old x86 version which will run too.
>
> AFAICT 10g is recently released and 9i was released in May, both for
> Linux/x86-64.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html

> Rgds, George Macdonald
>
> "Just because they're paranoid doesn't mean you're not psychotic" -
Who, me??