News Oracle Buys Tens of Thousands of Nvidia A100, H100 GPUs

Co BIY

Splendid
Nvidia has a crap ton of extra silicon right? so I wonder if this deal never would have happened, and I bet oracle got a sweet price.

I don't think there are a ton of A100 and H100 chips laying around. There is a good chance this deal has been in development since before these wafers were purchased.

Reactions: gg83
Nvidia has a crap ton of extra silicon right? so I wonder if this deal never would have happened, and I bet oracle got a sweet price.

maybe. maybe not. a few weeks ago we also heard many of nvidia client in china are trying to secure nvidia A100 as many as possible before the restriction to sell AI related chip to china taking effect sometime in 2023. back then it is reported that nvidia and TSMC are working together to increase A100 chip production for this matter.

plus stuff like this you don't see cheap price and suddenly the company interested to buy those hardware. nvidia most often dominating the sales of professional hardware even if their solution is tons more expensive than competitor because of their software ecosystem that cover lots of things that most often their competitor are not.

Reactions: gg83