Question Oracle VM was working fine but now its not, i am hoping i can get some help

agathosdaimon

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hi
I had Oracle VM running Win98SE on my windows 10 ASUS laptop fine up until today - well it was fine the last time i used it prior to today.
Something i had done which may have caused this is that i was trying to fix a different monitor issue last week and in looking through my control panel i found n the programs section the option to turn windows features on and off and i saw "Virtual Machine Platform" and being that the description given for it is that it enables virtual machines, i selected it thinking that maybe i ought to have it selected as i am using Oracle VM
my computer restarted and i left it at that, i went today to run the win98se VM and the error below appeared halting the loading of the vm.
I have and switched off that "virtual machine platform" in the windows features now and restarted but the issue still remains -(actually at first the message was something about Hyper-V) but after i switched the feature back off now the message below is all i get. Do i need to do something else now to get my vm working again?

The error message i get that stops my vm from loading is:

"Call to WHvSetupPartition failed: ERROR_SUCCESS (Last=0xc000000d/87) (VERR_NEM_VM_CREATE_FAILED).

Result Code:E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:ConsoleWrap
Interface:IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Open Source 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS